Walleye Veracruz Recipe
"Living in Minnesota lake country, we've naturally had to come up with a variety of recipes for fresh walleye," write Robert and Linda Nagle of Park Rapids. "This is a family favorite of our that has Mexican flair." They sprinkle the fish with lemon-pepper, then top it with slices of onion, green pepper and tomato.
- 4 walleye or catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Layer with onion, green pepper, tomato and olives.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Walleye Veracruz
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC