- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 5 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, pepper, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, cut open corn chip bags. Add beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forWalking Tacos
"I thought this might be a fun way to serve Tacos, but I was disappointed in the taste. Nice idea though. I might try a different recipe next time."
"Growing up in 70s Los Angeles these were called chili fritos and the ice cream man sold them from his truck. They were great then and the great now ??"
"Sounds great for kids, but I too am wondering, like ktterry1906, since I had never heard of these, how do you eat them? With fork, or fingers, or just tip up bag and pour into your mouth? Since it's "on the go", I wouldn't think with a fork, but other ways would be pretty messy."
"i loved idea and have had these many times - but this recipe has 1017 mg of sodium... wow! we used reduced sodium chili seasonings... and no salt corn chips (speciality and health food stores sells these kind of corn chips"
"I made these for my sons party when he returned from Afghanistan and all the guys loved them. Perfect for all and I followed your recipe Beverly. I didn't change anything at all and I will be making a bunch of these next month again when he comes home for a small vacation. Thank-you!!!"
"This is a family favorite. This is a classic recipe that has been around a while. We love how easy it is to customize."
"These sound so fun and good. I will have to try them soon. Love the idea of eating them outside with margaritas."
"This recipe is perfect for adapting all sorts of ways."