Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto four slices of bread; top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches
"easy to prepare, I added Miracle Whip for a more tart taste."