Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add turkey and apple; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto four slices of bread; top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Nov 29, 2011
Easy to prepare, I added Miracle Whip for a more tart taste.
May 22, 2010
Love this fast, simple recipe! The kids enjoy chopping, measuring, dumping, sampling. We always double this, but with 6 kids there's never enough to go around! It's a great way to use up left over Thanksgiving Turkey or Chicken, (without hearing complaints about 'leftovers'!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.