Waldorf Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apple, celery, walnuts and raisins. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, orange zest, salt and pepper. Pour over turkey mixture, stir to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 547 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Nov 26, 2012
This was easy to make and there were no leftovers....even from my seven and ten year old cleaned their plate.
May 22, 2010
Since sampling this sandwich; tarragon has become a staple herb in our house!! We do always substitute walnuts in any salad / bread for pecans. :-) Kids enjoy cutting, mixing, sampling & devouring these sandwiches. This is always best with left over baked turkey or chicken; but in rush I do use canned chicken. (Is there a slow time with a household of 8?)