My husband and I are now retired and travel the country in our mobile home. When not taking in the beautiful sights, I'm in the kitchen preparing many new tasty dishes.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, eggs, celery and grapes. In a small bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; add the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Add pecans; serve over a bed of lettuce.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 797 calories, 65g fat (10g saturated fat), 272mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.