Waldorf Salad with Whipping Cream
I found this recipe in a local cookbook. The whipping cream makes it a little different than the usual Waldorf salad, but it’s always good with any meal. —Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir in celery and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and remaining lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Gently stir into fruit mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad in Country Extra November 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.