Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 1 cup chicken salad over four slices of bread,. Top with lettuce if desired and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 731 calories, 48g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 22, 2015
Followed the directions exactly except cut the nutmeg to 1/8 tsp.... still had an overpowering flavor.... we didn't care for this.
Mar 2, 2012
This was a big hit in tea sandwiches at my Sister's Bridal Shower. I didn't use the pecans, but only cause I didn't have them :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.