Wake-Up Bacon Omelet
The hot pepper adds the right amount of zip to this delicious omelet. And because it's so easy to prepare, it's perfect for both hurried weekday breakfasts and leisurely weekend brunches.
- 2 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard drippings.
- 2. Whisk the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and bacon. Pour into the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, fold omelet in thirds. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve.
1 each: 223 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 436mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC