Wagon Wheel Pasta Toss
I needed a quick one-skillet dish to put on the table. I thought if I added pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese to pasta, it might appeal to my daughter's selective palate. I was right! —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato puree, pepperoni, sugar and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 618 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Toss in Taste of Home Shortcuts Recipe Cards