Wagon Wheel Breakfast Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash paprika
- Place the hash browns in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, onion, salt if desired and pepper; spread over potatoes.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; arrange over potatoes in a spoke-like fashion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, egg, nutmeg and remaining milk until smooth; pour between sausages. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 386 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2010
I used the non-frozen hash browns in the dairy case and added a Tbsp. minced garlic to the cream cheese mixture..I also used low-fat cream cheese and skim milk as that was what I had on hand. I sprinkled 1/2 cup of colby/jack cheese over the cream cheese mixture between the sausage spokes before I added the biscuit mixture. It was awesome!!! A great breakfast and I will try to adapt it for a 9x13 pan by doubling the ingredients so I can serve it for company. We had it for Mother's Day breakfast and we loved it!