Our three kids just love the fun wagon wheel shapes in this easy recipe. The mildly seasoned sauce is something that even the pickiest eaters enjoy. For variety, try it with Italian sausage instead of ground beef. —Janine Freeman, Blaine, Washington
Featured In: 30-Minute Meals Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg, salt, garlic and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.
- Crumble beef mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Toss until pasta is well coated and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Wagon Train Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p26
Reviews forWagon Train Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2010 Edited May. 24, 2015
"I made this last night for dinner and it was a huge hit! It all came together with a smooth texture and my picky eater had 2 helpings. Definitey a keeper."