- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 8 frozen waffles
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Maple syrup
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Spread preserves over four waffles. Layer with turkey, ham, cheese and bacon; top with remaining waffles. Lightly spread outsides of waffles with butter.
- Place on griddle; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with syrup for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWaffle Monte Cristos
"Yesterday I made homemade waffles , so I used the leftovers. Interesting flavors. I liked it, but not so much with husband. Will make again just for me."
"Used apple jelly and provolone. They were so good we had them for brunch 2 days in a row!"
"I enjoyed this sandwich, and it was a HUGE hit with my husband. I used raspberry preserves, mozzarella cheese, and omitted the bacon (because I forgot to buy it). I added a sprinkling of Caribbean jerk seasoning to give the sandwiches some punch. Next time I will make sure to have apricot preserves on hand, as I think that flavor would better complement this combination."
"These were interesting--I wasn't sure about them at first but I enjoyed them more with each bite. I tried to cut down on the sodium by using lower sodium bacon and omitting the ham. Bacon was the dominant flavor, which was fine by me!"