My husband and two grown sons really enjoy these fun nachos—they can devour a platter of them in no time. They're also fun to make when friends come over. —Debra Morgan, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Featured In: 50 Recipes for Homemade State Fair Food
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle fries
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake fries according to package directions. Transfer to a 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Top with the bacon, onions, olives, tomatoes, salsa and cheeses. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Waffle Fry Nachos in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p48
Reviews forWaffle Fry Nachos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2013
"These are fantastic. I also add fresh chopped jalapino pepper just for a little kick."
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2009
"these are really good and I great change of pace from regular nachos!"