Wade’s Shrimp Spread
I prefer to prepare main dishes, but I do make desserts once in a while and appetizers for parties. This is a flavorful spread with a bit of zip. I've been making this for the holidays for over 15 years.—Wade Harmon, Orange, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Finely chop the shrimp; place in a bowl. Stir in the next six ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 37 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Wade's Shrimp Spread in Taste of Home October/November 1996