Volcano Brownie Cups
I cherish recipes like this - without fuss or extra time, I can turn out an elegant, irresistible dessert that looks like I've been cooking all day. I enjoy entertaining, and these treats always elicit "oohs" and "aahs" from guests. -Kellie Durazo, Merced, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground toasted pecans
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, yolks and vanilla. Beat in melted chocolate. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Push one ounce of chocolate into center of each brownie; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of custard cups; invert onto serving plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve warm.
Editor's Note: To reheat, return brownie custard cup and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 859 calories, 63g fat (32g saturated fat), 295mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Volcano Brownie Cups in Taste of Home October/November 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.