Vinegar Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2016
Why can't all recipes be this easy. Ingredients I always have on hand. Baked up in no time and they are really tasty. Put on red sparkles for Christmas. What a great cookie.
Jan 19, 2016
Few ingredients, big results! This is a great recipe to keep on hand when you are short on time or ingredients. Due to the addition of vinegar, no eggs required. The buttery cookies baked beautifully, not crumbly but not cakes either. Made as directed. Perfection! As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that deliver a homemade taste with ease!
Feb 11, 2013
LOVE this recipe
Oct 1, 2011
I made these cookies today and they ARE delicious! I admit that I DID make some adjustments to the recipe to suit my tastes by using 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 tsp.salt. This recipe is one which I'll be using time and time again! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home!Dawn E. Lowenstein
Jun 23, 2011
The sugar cookies were very easy to make, no need for eggs. They are a soft crunchy cookie. They taste great! My only suggestion is, do not waste your time only making a single batch.
Jun 21, 2011
I'd like to try this recipe but surprised there are NO EGGS, were they omitted by mistake?Is this a crispy cookie?
Mar 24, 2011
These have become the cookie I make the most! I always have the ingredients on hand, I love how they're so economical and can be fancied up using colored sugar!