Vietnamese Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- SALAD :
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry half of the chicken mixture for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining chicken. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro, carrots and chicken; toss to combine. Add peanuts and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Vietnamese Crunchy Chicken Salad
"love this different kind of salad. i took it to work and had many requests for the recipe. a recipe that i plan to keep"
"The salad was refreshing and delicious. I think too many ingredients, but other than that all I have to say is, This Salads ROCKS!!"
"This is a great salad--I actually served it as a main course for dinner. The lime juice makes it refreshing and there is just the right amount of heat from the cayenne and red pepper flakes. I threw in some sliced green onions. Next time I will use 1 & 1/2 pounds of chicken--my carnivore husband felt 1 lb was not enough. I also used bagged cole slaw cabbage mix (which has the julienned carrots in it already) to save time."