Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 8, 2015
Not creamy enough
Dec 4, 2010
I made this recently using ground pecans & it was great. Great texture, just as sweet as it needed to be. Added the nut flavor without the big chunks. A definite keeper.
Dec 1, 2009
Fudge is an absolute favourite in our home and my family loves this fudge. It's one we'll be making for christmas for many years to come.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.