Vidalia Onion Bake Recipe
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 386 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Bake
"This recipe is an instant favorite. It was simple to make. The best I could describe this is like a baked blooming onion but much tastier."
"This recipe was easy to make and so delicious. It will become a regular item for our meals!"
"I liked it. The wife didn't care for it so much. Next Time I'll try it with a little less cheese and some sour cream."