Victory Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened, divided
- 7 medium fresh mushroom caps
- 7 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice process American cheese
- 1 slice process Swiss cheese
- 1 whole pitted ripe olive
- 3 to 5 drops food coloring
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations; press dough up sides of pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and olives. Spread over crust. Sprinkle broccoli over "field" to within 2 in. of each short side. Sprinkle end zones with chopped tomatoes and mushrooms. Set aside 2 tablespoons cream cheese. Place remaining cream cheese in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner. Pipe yard lines every 2 in. over broccoli. (A small amount will remain in bag; set aside.) For helmets, cut an opening in mushroom caps; carefully clean out. Cut opening in cherry tomatoes on paper towels. With a 3/4-in. circle cutter, cut seven circles from each slice of cheese. Insert American cheese circles into mushrooms and Swiss circles into tomatoes. Cut a very small hole in a different corner of reserved bag. Pipe cream cheese lines onto tomato helmets and laces onto olive. In another small plastic bag, combine food coloring and reserved cream cheese. Cut a small hole in one corner; pipe lines on mushroom helmets. Place all helmets on field with olive football in middle.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 24, 2011
I have used this recipe for years and it flys off the buffet! I don;t make the victory theme...when I get to the veggie part I just add small-diced veggies of my choosing and sprinkle them all over. Delicious!