Very Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Parmesan curls or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spaghetti sauce and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through. Garnish each serving with cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
2 cups: 134 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1527mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Very Veggie Soup
"This recipe lends itself to adjustment and personal likes and dislikes. I ordered low sodium Adobo seasoning from Penzy Spices because it has WAY too much sodium in it."
"I did not like this at all. Way too bland for my taste. However, if you're going to try this recipe the Adobo Seasoning is hard to find but Meijer does carry it. You'll find it in the Authentic Mexican section."
"VERY LIGHT AND TASTY. LOVED THE SPINACH AND BROCCOLI."