- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Miniature peanut butter cups or toasted sliced almonds
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil. Starting with a long side, roll up foil to make a 1-in.-wide strip; shape into a circle. Place in bottom of slow cooker to make a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan on foil circle without touching slow cooker sides. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- Do not remove lid; turn off slow cooker and let cheesecake stand, covered, in slow cooker 1 hour.
- Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil around pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove rim from springform pan. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with miniature peanut butter cups or almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVery Vanilla Slow Cooker Cheesecake
"Made this last week and it was really good. I would like to cut the ingredients in half so the cheesecake isn't so filling. Any ideas on how to adjust the cooking time?"
"What can I use instead the 6-qt. slow cooker? I don?t have it. Thanks"
"What is the purpose of the paper towels?"
"The best and easiest recipe yet!"
"So cute and fun to make. Loved the smaller size. Found a pan at walmart.com. The cheesecake turned out creamy and delicious. I used light cream cheese (Neufchatel). Next time I may swirl in some chocolate in the batter."
"The cheesecake sound delicious!!!!"
"This cheesecake was awesome! So smooth and velvety that even my husband who is not a cheesecake fan loved it. I just didn't put on the chocolate topping and instead served it with raspberry sauce. A definite keeper that I will make again and again."