- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Miniature peanut butter cups or toasted sliced almonds
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil. Starting with a long side, roll up foil to make a 1-in.-wide strip; shape into a circle. Place in bottom of slow cooker to make a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan on foil circle without touching slow cooker sides. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- Do not remove lid; turn off slow cooker and let cheesecake stand, covered, in slow cooker 1 hour.
- Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil around pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove rim from springform pan. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with miniature peanut butter cups or almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forVery Vanilla Slow Cooker Cheesecake
"Love the small size, used light cream cheese and fat free sour cream. Turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing!"
"Made this last week and it was really good. I would like to cut the ingredients in half so the cheesecake isn't so filling. Any ideas on how to adjust the cooking time?"
"What can I use instead the 6-qt. slow cooker? I don?t have it. Thanks"
"What is the purpose of the paper towels?"
"The best and easiest recipe yet!"
"So cute and fun to make. Loved the smaller size. Found a pan at walmart.com. The cheesecake turned out creamy and delicious. I used light cream cheese (Neufchatel). Next time I may swirl in some chocolate in the batter."
"The cheesecake sound delicious!!!!"
"This cheesecake was awesome! So smooth and velvety that even my husband who is not a cheesecake fan loved it. I just didn't put on the chocolate topping and instead served it with raspberry sauce. A definite keeper that I will make again and again."