Very Berry Peach Sauce
Paired with ice cream, this colorful sauce makes a special after-dinner treat in no time. “I came across this recipe, but was reluctant to try it,” Brenda White explains from Hagerstown, Maryland. “To my surprise, it was delicious on chicken and pork. Leftovers are also fabulous on pound cake and angel food cake.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in jelly until smooth. Stir in the peaches, blueberries and raspberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until thickened (some berries will remain whole).
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 116 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Very Berry Peach Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006
Dec 22, 2013
I made today from my son's little get together and I tasted it and it is really good
Sep 30, 2012
I thought this was okay for a light dessert over vanilla ice cream.
Apr 27, 2009
Can this be prepared ahead snd frozen?