Very Berry Bruschetta
Watch out, Mr. Bagel, there’s more than one way to spread strawberry cream cheese. We also suspect this topping would be delicious on morning toast—if you can keep it around that long. —Debbie Limas, North Andover, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup each fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 6 slices pound cake
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice and zest until blended. In a large bowl, combine the berries. Place a cake slice on each of six dessert plates; top with cream cheese mixture and berries. Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 291 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Creme Berry Fruit Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011