Versatile Meat Coating
I like to season chicken breast, pork chops and other meats with this flavorful seasoning. It keeps well and lends a homemade, no packaged, flavor to meats. It's also great mixed with ground beef for hamburgers.—Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag or airtight container, combine all the ingredients. Seal and shake well. Use to coat chicken, pork or fish. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Versatile Meat Coating in Taste of Home April/May 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.