Versatile Chili-Cheese Sauce
It's so good, there's no limit to ways this sauce can be enjoyed. We use it as a fondue (a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables) or poured over grilled chicken, baked potatoes, etc. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream, chilies and bouillon. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add cheeses and pepper. Cook until bubbly and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.