- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the oats, syrups, butter and vanilla; pour into crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forVermont Maple Oatmeal Pie
"This is a yummy pie! too sweet."
"Could anyone please tell me if this recipe is designed for a deep dish or a traditional pie plate? Thanks!"
"Excellent maple flavor, cuts nicely, and is simple to make. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Awsome pie and couldn't be easier"
"I have made this several times, and have gotten great reviews every time. My mom LOVES this recipe. Definitely a winner!"
"Whole family loved it. Topped with fresh cinnamon whipped cream."