- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown meat and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, tomatoes, vegetables, basil, salt and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in vermicelli. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forVermicelli Beef Stew
"I made this dish tonight in the crock pot which I had started early this morning it was delicious family loved it"