Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 venison tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients; add fillets and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 19, 2015
Love this marinade! I don't eat venison so, I make this with chicken, omitting the red wine vinegar. I always make extra to put on salads the next day!
Jun 8, 2010
I've eaten plenty of venison and I have to admit that this recipe was my favorite!!
Mar 15, 2009
I marinated venison steaks overnight in refrig-then broiled:14min on one side and 7 min on other--Fantastic