Venison Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 venison tenderloin steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- Sliced French bread, optional
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. top each with a slice of cheese and ham; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour broth over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and the meat juices run clear. Serve roll-ups and pan juices with French bread if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2012
This was such a great recipe! Enjoyed it very much..just be careful to not over cook the venison. Made that mistake with the first batch and they were a little dry
Feb 3, 2011
Delicious! I've made this twice already, and will definately make it again. The only change I made was using reduced sodium beef broth. Quick, easy, and sooooo good! I made a quick mushroom gravy with the extra beef broth, and it complemented the meat perfectly. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli.