Venison Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 venison tenderloin steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- Sliced French bread, optional
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. top each with a slice of cheese and ham; roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on all sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour broth over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and the meat juices run clear. Serve roll-ups and pan juices with French bread if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 1, 2012
This was such a great recipe! Enjoyed it very much..just be careful to not over cook the venison. Made that mistake with the first batch and they were a little dry
Feb 3, 2011
Delicious! I've made this twice already, and will definately make it again. The only change I made was using reduced sodium beef broth. Quick, easy, and sooooo good! I made a quick mushroom gravy with the extra beef broth, and it complemented the meat perfectly. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.