- 1 pound boneless venison steak, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large saucepan, cook venison and onion in oil until meat is browned. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews forVenison Chili
"Elizabeth a very good weeknight dinner"
"This recipe was so good that my 3 children ate every last bite. I made it again the next night and doubled the recipe. I served it as recommended over a bed of rice. It is a beautiful dish. The next night I served it over egg noodles. I packed school lunches for two of the children the following day and put the rice and two spoonfuls of the chili on a large tortilla and made a burrito for them. They loved it also. This recipe will definitely be a family favorite. Thank you for sharing it."