"When I was first married, I had no idea how to cook game," writes Jill Kerr of York, Pennsylvania. "I got this recipe from a friend, and now my husband thinks we should have it every night!"
Recommended: Top 10 Reindeer Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook venison and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Venison and Beans in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p46
Reviews forVenison and Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2015
"I thought this was great as a side dish, not a meal."