A thick and creamy white sauce tops linguine and shrimp in this savory entree. "This is a fast and easy way to get a meal on the table in a hurry," Vonda Nixon relates from Anchorage, Alaska. "The clients of my cooking business request this dish time and again."
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add cream to the pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream is reduced to about 1-1/4 cups.
- 3. Stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture.
1-1/2 cups: 656 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC