Velma’s Pumpkin Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping
- Combine crust ingredients; press into a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top appears set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened; remove from the heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in water; add to saucepan. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled torte; chill. Garnish with whipped topping. Torte keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Sep 30, 2017
This is one of the best pumpkin desserts I’ve ever made. My whole family loves it and I always get asked for the recipe.
Oct 25, 2014
I believe the cake part of the instructions is missing, guess I'll search for it elsewhere. Hope they can get this "corrected".
Sep 30, 2014
This recipe must be delicious if prepared properly. I think 2 or 3 steps are left out of the instructions on this one. Could someone please make corrections? Is there a Quality Control Committee that reviews these?
Oct 28, 2012
I am looking for something different for this holiday season. I thought the picture of this torte looked good but on reading the recipe I find it to be rather vague. I am not sure what to do with the gelatin and whipped cream. Is the gelatin mixed into the whipped cream or the pumpkin mixture? It just says "add to sauce pan".
Oct 19, 2012
Delicious and different pumpkin dessert. I haven't made it for ages but it is SOOOO yummy and feeds a crowd - cuz the slices are thick!
Nov 21, 2009
This is one of my favorite desserts to make in the fall, or anytime.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.