Veggies on the Grill
"I like to experiment a bit with marinades and sauces that combine different spices and herbs," relates H. Ross Njaa of Salinas, California. "This particular mix of seasonings really perks up garden-fresh vegetables."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 large potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Brush over vegetables. Grill carrots and potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Baste. Add zucchini. Cover and grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting and turning every 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Veggies on the Grill in Quick Cooking July/August 1998