Veggies and Ham
Canned soup and frozen vegetables streamline this fast-to-fix fare from Barb Sears of Falconer, New York. "Our son has loved this cheesy ham skillet since he was a little boy," she writes. "Now he requests it when he and his college roommate come home to visit."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the green beans and corn in butter. Sprinkle with flour; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and ham. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the cheese; cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 499 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1825mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Veggies and Ham in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Feb 13, 2009
This was hearty and comforting. I had to make a few changes based on what I had on hand - I used peas and onions for the veggies and cream of mushroom soup. Very tasty and filling!