Veggie Turkey Roll-Ups
Colorful veggies are wrapped inside tender turkey breast slices to create these fresh-tasting bundles. Serve with rice pilaf and angel food cake topped with fresh fruit. Or accompany with parsley potatoes and purchased chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert.—Gertrude Peischl, Allentown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup each julienned sweet red pepper, carrot, yellow summer squash and zucchini
- 4 uncooked turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine or additional water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine the red pepper, carrot, summer squash and zucchini; spoon down the center of each turkey slice. Roll up and secure ends with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and paprika; roll turkey in mixture until coated. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook roll-ups in oil until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over turkey. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until juices run clear and the vegetables are crisp-tender. Discard toothpicks; serve with pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1014mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Turkey Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.