Veggie Tossed Salad
This simple salad delivers a dose of veggies and great fresh flavors. Feel free to try it with your favorite dressing. Evelyn Slade - Fruita, CO
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add salad dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 62 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Veggie Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.