Veggie Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, celery, carrots, red pepper, onion, artichokes and olives.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2014
Every time I make this for a gathering, it gets rave reviews, and everyone wants the recipe. So very yummy and worth the time of cutting up all the veggies!
Aug 10, 2009
Overload on vegetables and I LOVE vegetables.