Veggie Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, celery, carrots, red pepper, onion, artichokes and olives.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving.
Jun 28, 2020
Highly recommend! A favorite at any gathering I've taken this to. If under time constraints, buy the already cut broccoli and/or carrots at the grocery store. I've also used bottled zesty Italian dressing when i was short on the other dressing ingredients.
Jan 31, 2014
Every time I make this for a gathering, it gets rave reviews, and everyone wants the recipe. So very yummy and worth the time of cutting up all the veggies!
Aug 10, 2009
Overload on vegetables and I LOVE vegetables.