Valerie Belley of St. Louis, Missouri stir-fries a medley of six vegetables to create this colorful side dish for two that she serves on a bed of rice. "It's hard to believe to beat this elegant dish.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli, carrot and onion in oil for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p52
Reviews forVeggie Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"Left out the cabbage but it was still great! I will most definitely be making this again!"