Since I used to live in Mexico, I love re-creating the flavors I enjoyed there. This is one of my favorite quick meals! —Becky Toney, Tarpon Springs, Florida
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional ingredients: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and reduced-fat sour cream
- Sprinkle beef with cumin and salt. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Stir in cilantro. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Steak Fajitas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p50
Reviews forVeggie Steak Fajitas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2011
"This was good but it needed more flavor.."