Veggie Steak Fajitas
Since I used to live in Mexico, I love re-creating the flavors I enjoyed there. This is one of my favorite quick meals! —Becky Toney, Tarpon Springs, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional ingredients: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and reduced-fat sour cream
- Sprinkle beef with cumin and salt. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Stir in cilantro. Return beef to the pan; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fajita (calculated without optional ingredients): 344 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Fajitas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.