Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine
Angie Medearis of Lemoore, California simply sums up, "This dish is easy, fast and good." The colorful combination of pretty zucchini rounds, tomatoes and flavorful shrimp is sure to make an everyday meal seem like a special occasion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion, zucchini, tomato and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 496 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005