Angie Medearis of Lemoore, California simply sums up, "This dish is easy, fast and good." The colorful combination of pretty zucchini rounds, tomatoes and flavorful shrimp is sure to make an everyday meal seem like a special occasion.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion, zucchini, tomato and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Shrimp Fettuccine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p5
Reviews forVeggie Shrimp Fettuccine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
"easy to make, tastes great."
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"I used cooked shrimp because it was on sale and put it in at the end to warm up."