Veggie Shrimp Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing Cook: 10 min./batch
Makes38 egg rolls
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 38 wonton wrappers
- APRICOT-MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, onions, carrot, red pepper, bean sprouts, water and soy sauce; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and shrimp turn pink.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 4-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place a tablespoonful of shrimp mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook egg rolls, a few at a time, in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with egg rolls.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 108 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2009
I'm looking forward to trying these. I have used recipes from Taste of Nome, since it was published. I'm happy to be able to get a new recipe, at anytime on the Web.
Sep 30, 2008
This is fine.