Veggie-Sausage Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
Makes16 servings (4 quarts)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 each medium green and sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, peppers and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the sausage, potatoes, cream-style corn, broth, soup, carrots, corn, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and seasonings.Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cheese and milk. Cook on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 260 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 19, 2010
Sorry, I forgot to givr it 5 stars.
Nov 19, 2010
This was a very good and filling recipe. I left out the corn (both creamed corn and corn kernels) and, unfortunately, I realized too late I did not have any Dijorn Mustard, so I used about 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard. I also used a 10 ounce package of sliced mushrooms (which was about 2 cups). Other than that I followed the recipe exactly and it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.