This colorful vegetable mixture with a sweet homemade dressing is ready in a flash. “I’ve enjoyed the combination on many occasions,” notes Marian Seuferling of Louisburg, Kansas. “I often double the recipe and serve it at special events.”
Recommended: Top 10 Pasta Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 5 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese and basil. Drizzle over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and water chestnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Vegetable Toss in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p15
Reviews forVeggie Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2014
"I made this for a family dinner and thought it was okay but not great. I felt the dressing was too heavy and lacking flavor."