Veggie Salad in Lettuce Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 12 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots and radishes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- For each serving, shape two lettuce leaves into a cup; fill with vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 3, 2014
This was very colorful and made for a great presentation. The dressing was good but just not for me. Too healthy maybe. Yes, I know that sounds crazy but the best way to describe it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.